Young Climate Leaders
Young Climate Leaders aimed to raise youth leaders in climate change capable of interpretation of information related to climate change, its consequences in Jordan and develop visible solutions to mitigate the effects of climate change.
The project targeted youth students leaders from the eco- schools that was awarded the Green Flag, where a total of 15 selected participants have been involved in a capacity building programs, and exchange visits. Capacity building program aimed to highlight three main modules which are:
- Module A: The science behind Climate Change: What is changing, how, where, when and why?
- Module B: Impacts of Climate Change on Jordan:
- Module C: Responding to Climate Change challenges locally and globally
Students have developed solutions to address the impacts of climate change in Jordan or to contribute to reduction of GHG emissions from major sources in Jordan
German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through GIZ project: Intersectoral Coordination for the Implementation of National Policy on Climate Change in Jordan (ICE)
- Raise a generation of young climate leaders from Jordan’s eco- schools capable of interpretation of climate change issues to decision makers and other relevant actors.
- Foster the implementation of Eco- schools guidelines and criteria’s at the Jordanian schools for a better environment.